Regional Manager / Operations | ALBERTA
The Regional Manager will provide strategic leadership, project management and oversight of business performance in assigned market/region.
- Resolution of project / customer issues, financial / budget management, health and safety regulatory compliance, meeting project and business KPI’s, and working with the management team to improve performance of each market segment on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in hiring, management, and evaluation of reporting personnel. Direct supervision of projects / ops management in assigned market/region.
- Accountability for ensuring financial goals / objectives are met and exceeded where possible.
- Must always ensure all company policies are adhered to and respected.
- Prepare and Review quotes in accordance with customer needs and Consertek standards as required, assisted by the Director.
- Review project budget updates, profit and loss forecasts, and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Support sales and business development strategies for the region in cooperation with Director.
- Review and submit requirements for field staffing, vehicles, tools, and equipment to maintain and support business performance in given market / region.
- Review and establish market strategy of quotations in accordance with customer needs and market competitiveness and Consertek standards as required, assisted by the Director.
- Review and update quote and sales logs / forecasts.
- Develop personal objectives for each team member and monitor progress against those targets on a regular basis.
- Ensure compliancy with Consertek’s Safety Policy and all applicable codes standards and laws with the assistance of the management.
- Review and approve as appropriate which services will be subcontracted to a third party and when, within guidelines set by the Director.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are followed with regards to selecting and using subcontractors. (Valid insurance, locate reports, safety program, etc.,,)
- Take any required disciplinary / corrective actions with field staff as required for violations of work practices, safety, and quality standards.
- Ensure all procedures within the region remain in accordance with established guidelines, procedures, and market requirements.
- Direct all field staff within to accomplish the goals and objectives of the business units.
- Organize and chair team meetings.
- Provide overall risk management support.
- Participate in Hiring recommendations and perform performance appraisals and reviews.
- Establish and communicate resource requirements within guidelines set by the Director.
- Review and approve as appropriate staff expense claims.
- Manage staff productivity and utilization.
- Ensure project spending estimates remains on or below budget.
- Prepare of quotations and prices within the region consistent with market forces and within guidelines set by the Director and VP.
- Provide recommendations over Bid/ No Bid decisions in cooperation with the Director and VP.
- Approve invoices (service and /or material received) and purchases within established guidelines when necessary to meet corporate governance.
- Follow up with Quotation and evaluation of win / loss patterns.
- Monitor, project operations costs to ensure profitability.
- Ensure customer follow up for feedback on completed projects.
- Support development and marketing team as / when required.
- Support and drive employee satisfaction (ESAT) through consistent communication of company performance, holding employee appreciation events, organizing staff functions in an effort to help promote a positive work environment.
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction (CSAT) to drive / secure future business.
Training of Field Staff
- Ensure field staff are trained and records are up to date for H&S, technology, customer equipment / specs / standards, etc… to ensure and support business growth.
- Plan and forecast required training while ensuring it fits within budgets set with Director and VP.
- Have an MBA, Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, project management or equivalent
- Operations Management and Business Development
- Proven track record of achieving business results.
- 10+ years experience in a similar position
- Microsoft suite & O365
- Strong leadership and business acumen. Must have a hunger for identifying and driving business growth and profitability.
- Ability to multitask on a variety of projects.
- Possess good financial and data analysis skills.
- Be an excellent communicator in English (working knowledge in French a plus).
- Team player
- Knowledge of the aerial construction industry, wireless industry or equivalent.